Thursday, 18 April 2013

P is for Pottermore

"Pottermore is a unique online experience from J.K. Rowling, built around the Harry Potter books." or so it says on the about page. I really don't know how to describe Pottermore. All I can say is that it's a nice way of re-living the books with lots of exclusive content. Things like character backgrounds, never before seen information and J. K. Rowling's notes on things. For example, the story of how Vernon and Petunia Dursley met, or professor McGonagall's history, or the meanings of different and cores and wand lengths and things like that.You collect various items, brew potions and duel other users. For all of those you earn house points.



As I mentioned before, I'm a big Harry Potter so when I learned about Pottermore, I had to sign up.
I managed to get into the beta testing period along with a friend. I was really excited about getting my wand and being sorted. Both work on the same principle, you answer questions, designed especially for this by J.K. herself.

It's amazing how much detail there is and how different lengths and different cores are suited for different personalities. My wand is spruce with phoenix feather core, ten inches, surprisingly swishy.


I knew there was no chance I'd be a Gryffindor, but there was a chance I could be in any of the other three houses. I was hoping I'd get into Ravenclaw. I answered all questions as honestly as I could. Imagine how happy I was when I did get into Ravenclaw. My friend got into Slytherin though, I really thought she would be a Ravenclaw.

Anyway, that's all from me for now. Go check out Pottermore.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've heard of Pottermore before but I never realized what it was. Who doesn't love Harry Potter! I might have to check this out someday, just to see which house I would land in.

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from the A-Z Challenge list to say "Hi" :)

    Great post honey!

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    xx

    ReplyDelete