Tuesday, 16 April 2013

N is for Ninjutsu

A few years ago I had to take up a sport for medical reasons. Group sports and sports that include a ball were out of the questions of course (I have bad hand to eye coordination) so my only option was a martial art. My parents told me to try karate but I didn't want to. It just didn't appeal to me. After a bit of research online I found ninjutsu and some time after that I found that there was a dojo in my town.

Ninjutsu is an old martial art which originated in Japan. Some of the first written sources date back to 520 AD.


the kanji for ninja (source)
While the samurai thought it a great honor to die in battle, the ninja's main objective was to get the job done and survive. So it would be more appropriate to say that ninjutsu is a skill for survival and self-defence. It's philosophy is universal and can be used regardless of time and space.

In ninjutsu you learn how to use your body to it's full extent. You learn the quickest and most efficient way to react. You lean how to defend yourself with as little damage to your body and spirit as possible and large scale consequences to your opponent.

Unlike in other martial arts, there are no competitions or tournaments in ninjutsu. The only person you're competing with is yourself and sometimes that can be the hardest battle.

Taking up ninjutsu was the best decision I've ever made. I met some great people, who I still keep contact with, my confidence went up and my immunity system got better.

You can check this site and this site if you wanna read some more.

I don't want to post it like this, I want it to be better, but I have to post it.
I know my posts are a bit late and a bit lame lately but at least I'm not giving up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment