Tuesday, 9 April 2013

H is for ...

...so many things. I can't decide so I'm going to mention some of them.

First is high school. We all go through it. Some of us enjoy it, some of us can't wait for it to end and some just don't really care. Personally, I have no idea which of these categories I fit in. On one hand I can't wait to get out of high school and go university far away from here. On the other hand just thinking about leaving, and the amount of studying that I would have to do at uni and then finding a job and earning money and.... it just scares me. Add to that the fact that I'm still not sure what exactly I want to do with my life and my fear of choosing something I might end up hating, and you've got a freaked out teenager. Am I going off topic?

Okay, next is Harry Potter! Yes, I'm a big Harry Potter fan. If you haven't read the books then you've at least heard of them or seen the films. I still haven't seen the last couple of films, but I'll get to it. I prefer reading books and am currently in the process of rereading the Harry Potter books, in English this time. The Macedonian translations aren't very good, and the last book was only recently translated, I'm lucky I managed to find it in English a lot earlier. Surprisingly it was easy to read, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to understand it.

Rest

And finally, hiking. I love nature. Last year I had the chance to visit a few major European cities and after coming back, I can safely say one thing. Nothing amazes me like a mountain. Don't get me wrong, the cities were amazing, the buildings magnificent and the history, rich. However, there's just something about mountains that makes them even more magnificent, even more amazing. It always takes my breath away. I'm always amazed by nature and I love being surrounded by it. I love walking through it. Also, the feeling you get when you reach your destination after hours of walking through picturesque landscape... I just love it.

4 comments:

  1. I did H is for Harry Potter too :) It's such a great series.

    I wish I could hike, we used to walk quite a way on summer holidays down in the West Country UK, but I haven't been able to do that for a while (ankle condition which makes walking a long way a pain). The countryside can be so beautiful.

    Tasha's Thinkings

    ReplyDelete
  2. High school....I couldn't wait to get out of it and while some of it was fun and of course good, I couldn't wait for college. Hiking can be fun! It is a great way to enjoy the countryside and get your exercise all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I was able to graduate early from HS and college. I must say that I enjoyed college much better, and made some lifelong friends. I think you will enjoy it. Happy A to Z!



    MakingtheWriteConnections

    ReplyDelete